1. A printed Bedspread like a distinctive botanical design, does a lot of the heavy lifting when it comes to decor.
2. Rubbing some butter over the cut edge of a block of cheese will seal it and stop it from molding.
3. When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn’s natural sweetness.
4. Use air freshner to clean glass and mirrors. It does a good job and leaves behind a pleasant smell and shiny glass and mirrors.
5. To remove old paint stains, soften with linseed oil and wipe off. For tougher stains, use a razor blade and scrape off after linseed oil application.
6. Ants are said to never cross a chalk line. So, get your chalk out and draw a line wherever ants tend to march and avoid them from coming in your home.
7. When preparing your home for sale, the number one rule is to keep your home clean. Little nuisances can make a big difference and most home buyers will either be turned off or significantly reduce the price they are willing to pay.
8. Choose neutral paint colors or small burst of color. Too much color and people will be overwhelmed. Also if they don’t like the paint choices it’ll leave a bad taste in their mouth and they’ll choose another home with more neutral colors or white walls because sometimes darker paint colors take several coats of paint to cover.
9. No pink carpet, tiles, paint, or anything else that’s not removalable. This is a big one that people don’t like.
10. No religious peices should be left in the home when you are planning to sale. I’ve seen a cross with Jesus above the bed and other Catholic peices in a bedroom and many people felt uncomfortable about it, even people who were of the same religion.